History and Overview
Bloomfield Academy was founded in 1985 and opened its doors to its first 450 students from Kindergarten 1 to Grade 4. In its early years, the school had many firsts, including its first Holy Communion, first interest clubs, first leadership training program, and its first parent organization, the Bloomfield Academy Parent Advisor Association (BAPAA) which later became the Parent-Teacher Association of Bloomfield Academy (PATABA) and is now known as the Bloomfield Academy Parents-Teachers Association (BA PTA).
Throughout the years, Bloomfield Academy became known for its excellence in academics, sports, and the arts. It participated actively in activities, events, contests, and competitions with different schools and organizations.
The school continued to refine and update its curriculum to keep up with the demands of an ever-changing world. On the spiritual aspect, it instilled in its students the virtues of a true Christian, “to be a man for all.” Bloomfield Academy has graduated more than 1700 students, and a sizable number of these graduates have become productive and valuable members of society.
In 2009-2010, the school underwent a significant change, transforming into a more innovative and conducive academic community.
The school facilities were upgraded and new methods of teaching, learning programs, and strategies were adopted to enrich the curriculum, increase student proficiency and competency, and improve attitudes and metacognitive processes.
The following were the innovations at the transformed Bloomfield Academy:
- A one-of-a-kind, state-of-the-art Speech Laboratory was installed to train the students to achieve mastery in speaking and listening skills and improve oral communication;
- A Career Laboratory for STEM was established which exposes students to innovative and unique specializations such as pneumatics, forensics, video production, game development, and others;
- Canvas Learning Management System, an intuitive interface that supports online learning and teaching, was implemented to ensure seamless learning even during the midst of the pandemic;
- Science and math laboratories were upgraded;
- Manipulatives (hands-on approach in which students use objects or physical tools to explore an idea) and visual representations are used to support a seamless transition into complex problems;
- The TLE Laboratory was remodeled, thus accommodating a three (3) built-in modern kitchen used for the practical application of the lessons learned in culinary arts;
- Transparent top-of-the-line imported polycarbonate roofing was installed giving the students more protection from the heat of the sun and the intense rain;
- The library, now called the Learning Resource Center, was expanded and equipped with computers and top-of-the-line library automation program;
- All classrooms are installed with highly technical equipment to enable computer-aided teaching;
- An ideal teacher-student ratio is maintained at a maximum of 35 students per teacher in the grade school and high school levels; and a maximum of 15 to 20 learners in the preschool levels;
- The canteen has been made more comfortable and a conducive place where the students can have their meals;
- All lavatories for the children, faculty and staff have been completely reconstructed and properly maintained.
The school atmosphere fosters care, love, mutual trust, respect, and openness, which sustain the unity and cooperation of the students, parents, and administration.
At present, Bloomfield Academy remains a committed and outstanding school that inculcates in the learner Christian values, introduces students to scientific and technological developments of the 21st century, and provides a nurturing environment that stimulates lifelong learning experiences producing globally-competitive, innovative, and resilient citizens who are well-equipped to progress to the next level and succeed.